This website, clausencommunications.com (the “Site”) is operated by Clausen Communications Limited. Clausen Communications Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 4936675, with its registered office being 22 Bates Lane, Weston Turville, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5SL, United Kingdom.
You have choices about the data we collect. When asked to provide certain personal information you may decline, but where such is necessary to provide a service or feature, your use of that service or feature may be restricted as a result.
We will hold your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the relevant purpose.
What information do we collect?
We collect data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you sign up to our mailing list or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies – this may collect data about your use of our Website & Email Database System, your device(s) and your location.
We will collect and process the following data about you (the “Information”):
- Information we collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information:
technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, screen resolution details, browser type and version, time zone setting, mobile and network information, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform and information about your geographic location; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website & Email Database System (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How do we use your Information?
We may use your information in a number of ways, including to provide the Website & Email Database System, to personalise and improve the services we offer, to carry out our obligations, communicate with you, to analyse use of our Website & Email Database System and in other ways that you agree to.
We will not share or sell your information with third parties.
We may use your information:
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences;
for record keeping purposes;
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and service we offer;
- to understand your preferences so that we can improve the products and services we offer;
- in conjunction with personal data legally obtained from third party sources;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and/or for any other purpose that we may notify to you from time to time.
You agree that we will share your information with:
- to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
If you are a child who is using our Website & Email Database System or a parent of a child using our Website & Email Database System, there are additional rules.
- Your child’s privacy is important to us. We are committed to safeguarding children’s personal information collected online, and to helping parents and guardians and their children learn how to exercise control over personal information while exploring the Internet.
We have security protocols in place to protect your information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such data.
Where we store your Information
We may use service providers to help us run our Website & Email Database System (or services available on our Website & Email Database System). If we or our service providers transfer any Information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (under UK law) being in place.
Marketing and Unsubscribing
Your Rights in relation to your data
You have rights to access, correct, delete your information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations. No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may need certain information from you.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
We allow you to access, correct and edit your details in the “Update Your Preferences” section of the emails we periodically send to you. If you require any further help from us in relation to the above rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No fee is usually required – You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you – We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
How to Complain
We endeavour to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information, however if you wish to lodge a complaint as to how we collect and process your Information please contact email@example.com. You may also wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find further details as to how to do this at the ico.org.uk website.